Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Killing Machine

Other than mounting up and riding past a large group of mobs, I have discovered that quickest way from point A to point B is by killing stuff. No other toon I have ever played can say that. Avoidance has always been the quickest route between goals on almost all of my other characters, but not in the world of warrriorcraft. Add together the distance spanning Charge, Intercept, and the terrifying speed at which I murder things and it just makes more sense, in may cases, to destroy every mob in sight than it does to ride, agro, and then have to continue riding until agro drops to get somewhere. The only other class that has come close to this murder spree feeling is the dk, and even then it didn't seem as... deeply gratifying as the way in which the warrior does it.

Now, I'm not sure if this is how I'm "supposed" to do this, but It's worked pretty amazing for me so far, so here's my "rotation" for my warrior.

  1. Start in Battle Stance
  2. Charge
  3. Mid-Charge I switch to Zerker Stance (with Imp Charge and Tactical Mastery I now have 25 rage and in Zerker before I reach the mob)
  4. Reach mob
  5. Auto attack twice
  6. Bloodthirst
  7. Whirlwind, and instant Slam if Bloodsurge has proced
  8. Execute for the kill
  9. Switch back to Battle Stance
  10. Wait for Charge to come off cooldown, because most mobs are only lasting 6 seconds here lately.
  11. Repeat steps 2 through 10 again with Victory Rush added in just for shits and giggles
  12. Wash, rinse, and repeat the whole process over and over until quest objectives are complete.
I intercept only occasionally, I hardly ever bloodrage(which means my bloodrage glyph is a bit of a waste, but there aren't too many options in the warrior glyph department), nor do I ever sit down and eat. That's what Lifeblood, Cannibalize, and bandaids are for.

But, is this "Right"? Who the shit cares?! It's fun! And, that's all I care about.

My hunter can destroy enemies incredibly fast, always has and will, but it isn't the same as doing so with the warrior. There is an intimacy that comes with fighting toe to toe with a player or mob that brings a more sincere sense of fulfillment when I kill them. There is a closeness in the mayhem. With the hunter there, literally, is a space, a distance, that has to exist for him to do what he does, where the warrior needs to be as close as possible to do the same thing. The in game audio helps complete this feeling. I know it sounds odd, but it really does. When I am fighting a mob on the hunter I am usually 30+ yards away and the sound engine makes all mob sounds seem that far away. In fact, most times I only hear the sound of my bow or annoyingly loud gun and my pet while the sounds that the mob makes are drowned out or pushed into the background. With the warrior I hear ever hit, every crit groan, every slash and clang, every whooosh of missed strikes, every splash of gushing blood from a bleeding effect. It's a symphony of pain, and I love it! Call me a noob if you will, but there is also a very dramatic Bang! every time my Fiery enchants go off and it feels like... I have an artillery battery somewhere in the distance and they are honed in on my target and they are "giving it hell, sir". It just plain rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment